Monday, January 14, 2013

Chocolate Chunk

Day 334



Chocolate Chunk
2.5 shots out of 5



Monday, the start of yet another week.  

I was at our local CVS today while my youngest son was at Tae Kwon Do and I found a bottle of Pinnacle Cookie Dough vodka.  

I decided to buy it and as I was grabbing it, I found an Irish Cream Liqueur for half of the price of Baileys.  

I figured it was worth a shot.  

Once the Baileys is gone, I'll be trying the new brand (fingers crossed).


I gave tonight's cocktail 2.5 shots out of 5.  

First things first.

I'm not a cookie dough lover, even when that flavor of ice cream was "oh so" popular.  

I mean, sure it tasted OK, but by no means did I HAVE TO have it.  

Tonight's cocktail was OK.  

I think there should have been more chocolate liqueur in this shooter.  

The taste of this vodka is different and needs to be not an equal contributor to this cocktail.  

I would assume that those of you who really do enjoy the cookie dough flavor would enjoy this shooter more then I did.  

I found tonight's recipe on a PDF made by Pinnacle.



Here is a photo of the end result:



Here is a photo of the ingredients:




Here is the recipe for a Chocolate Chunk:

  • 1 oz cookie dough vodka
  • 1 oz chocolate liqueur
In a shaker, add ice and the two ingredients above.  Shake and strain your cocktail into a shot glass.



Here's to my first cocktail with cookie dough vodka.

Cheers!!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

5 comments:

  1. As someone who loves cookie dough, I am definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name piqued my interest! Too bad I don't have either ingredient. I like cookie dough itself, but the ice cream never thrilled me, either. Which irish cream did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand is Carolans. I couldn't believe that it was half the price, so once my Bailey's is gone I will cross my fingers and hope this one tastes as good. A lot of the mixers I buy, like the schnapps and stuff like that are the cheaper ones and they taste fine, so I'm hoping the same is true with this one.

      Delete
    2. That's what I've been using for a good 10 years. The guy at the liquor store actually recommended it as being better than Bailey's. I haven't done a side by side taste so maybe drinking it straight would produce a different opinion, but it's worked just fine for *me* in mixed drinks.

      Delete
  3. Disregard my previous comment. I think I have tried Carolan's in the past but don't remember my opinion. The current Irish Cream that I've been using for many years based on the liquor store guy's recommendation is St Brendan's. It's still from Ireland, but is noticeably less expensive than Bailey's.

    ReplyDelete